sparkplug wire resistance??

Does anyone know the resistance ratings for sparkplug wires for a 1994 e420 either by foot or wire?? I am wanting to use my multimeters to check the ohms but dont know the ratings. I am thinking either 2 or 3 thousand ohms per foot sounds familiar?? Thanks:)

Reply to
:

It is stamped on the metal part of boot. I believe they are supposed to be

1000 ohm... up to 1300 ohm is acceptable... anything over is bad.
Reply to
Tiger

you may be misunderstanding. MB does not use resistive (ie carbon) wire. there are two 1k resistors buried in a) the plug boot and b) the distributor cap. The wire itself is good old plain and simple copper wire. for those people paying paying much money for this wire.... caveat emptor.

- cheers, guenter

ps you could short 'one' of those resistors (eg it may have opend) but NOT both..... you then take a serious chance of destroying your ignition electronics

Reply to
Guenter Scholz

Hello, Is that per foot or complete wire?? Thanks again! :)Nel

Reply to
: