speaker install

On a 1993 E320, it had factory door speakers in it as well as dash speakers. The dash speakers always worked, but after replacing the door speakers, they still dont work. Anybody know if I have to hook up another connection behind the radio. I plan to replace the radio also.

Reply to
Marvin Singletary via CarKB.com

The system is not 4 ohms. If you replace a speaker with any aftermarket one it will be four ohms and probably coxial. Any aftermarket CD head unit will have four ohm outputs to match aftermarket speakers. Keep the impedance constant among all components. Do not use the original wires which went to the factory speakers. Run new wire to each new speaker. Do not use any fader on the console as all aftermarket head units have built in electronic faders. P.

Reply to
Peter