speed bumps

Hi,

I have added 12k miles to my '00 E320 and really love the car.

the only thing which bugs me why the suspension takes speed bumps so badly. one need to slow down to walking speed in order to ride over them which all car being shake. I have not noted it in any other car I drove before.

on the positive side though - when riding at high speeds - it seems to be perfectly tuned. all road irregularities, smaller bumps and potholes are soaked in and besides interesting sound effects there is merely felt inside the car.

I know you can not have everything as far as suspension is concerned - but still I would expect it takes speed bump a bit better.

Andy

Reply to
AlFire

Perhap something is worn out... like sway bar links.

Reply to
Tiger

at 90k miles? (I have now 104k but the way it behaves has not change that much).

Reply to
AlFire

Yes, that little part does wear out at 100K miles. Alot of things on any cars in the world does wear out at 100k miles.

Reply to
Tiger

Seems to me that something may be loose. Here in speed bump Junction (princeton NJ) my E320 with 140000 miles handles them with no shake or shimmy.

EJ > Hi,

Reply to
Ernie Willson

is it something expensive to replace?

Reply to
AlFire

No... it is only $13.70 per side at autohausaz.com... and if you buy $50 worth of stuff, free shipping. Sway bar links are the first to go in suspension... you can't imagine how overworked these little things are. If it still clunk after this, you really need to inspect all suspension parts. In fact, this is part of Service B at the dealer... However, they will charge you arm and leg for this service.

I think it is worth it to do Service B at the dealer for this mileage car... that way, you get a list of what needs to be replaced. They also do oil change and air filter change at that time too.

Reply to
Tiger