SPEEDO CLUSTER

does the 82 300SD just hook & pull like my 84 or is there a speedo cable on it?

gone is the 84 replaced with an 82

case

the case, minus a few cans!

Reply to
IF YOU CAN'T SWIM DON'T JUMP IN

The 126 body does not use a cable. All electronic. But you may have a difference in the frequency of the tachometer. 123 body changed tachs in 84... not sure about the 126 body. The difference is in the tach signal location on

123's. When the tach signal moved from the front end of the crank to the rear at the flywheel. Not sure if this change also happened on your body. I do not have any literature here at home.
Reply to
Karl

thank you .

the tach is on the blink and was going to clean all the plugs.

also those great MB dash lights are dimmer than the norm so am going to jump the rheostat!

case

the case, minus a few cans!

Reply to
IF YOU CAN'T SWIM DON'T JUMP IN
82 nd 84 clusters are nearly identical. All 126's have an electronic tach and speedo.

dunno if this is old news or net, but some guy is now making odometer gears so the all too often dead odometer can be fixed for less than an arm and a leg

Richard J. Sexton (At work