Speedometer just quit

1985 300D. First day of a cross-continent journey, was looking at my speedo and the needle just fell to zero and that was it for speedo, odometer and the cruise control, too. Had to complete the 3,500 mile trip sans speedo and cc. Luckily, I still had the tach so could guesstimate speed. Any tips on troubleshooting the speedo will be much appreciated. Thank you. Dave
Reply to
cruz_ctrl

Replace the fuse... remove it, throw it out and put a new one in. These fuses are notorious for looking okay when they are not.

Reply to
Tiger

thanks. i didn't realize the speedo has a fuse???

Reply to
cruz_ctrl

Yes... electronic speedo has fuse... tach is definitely electronic.

Reply to
Tiger