speedometer Merc 380sl 1984

Hi there, When the ignition is activated the speedometer goes from zero to 160. any ideas?

A short? I am surprised this is possible, as I would think such an old car would have a mechanical speedo?
A mystery to me. Marty
Thanks. but where? Yes it is an old car but it has an electric speedo. cheers
I used to have the same problem in my '82 sl. It stopped after I got several speeding tickets.
Tom Sharples