Sprinter 2.9di

Hi all, does anyone know the reputation of these engines in terms of being able to handle performance improvements?

Also does anyone know if it will fit on any auto boxes? I'm thinking of an engine transplant and the way it pulls a sprinter down the motorway I think it would go well in a car.

Greg.

---------------------------------------------- Posted with NewsLeecher v2.0 RC2 * Binary Usenet Leeching Made Easy *

UK Poster

Well Greg

I can tell you that it mates up to a Petrol 230GE 4 speed auto

However you may have an intake manifold that makes shutting your bonnet impossible.

So it means you many have o source a few bits to mak it fit

Down here most MB Sprinter Ca,mpervans have exceeded 250.000 km with no problems

The engine ought to be able to handle chipping

John

Reply to
John Smith

Tha swedish company KC-Racing have these figures for the 2,9 liter Sprinter

Steinar

Reply to
Norseman

Thanks for the responses guys, appreciated. Am I right in saying that all the older E class boxes it would fit on (auto) are all without torque converter lockup?

Seems a shame they were never put in the cars from factory!