sprinter 312 help

hi all im new at this i would like some help with my sprinter 312td problem is when i switch my indicater on to turn left or right my battery light comes on
when i turn it off and put all my lights on and fog lights ect it dosnt come on but if i leave it ticking over all dash lights come on could it be my alternater
this as only started since iv changed my starting moter 2 days ago could it be that