Sprinter van removal of passenger seat

I have recently aquired a Sept 2002 311CDI sprinter panel van. In a previous incarnation it has had some electrical equipment fitted underneath the double passenger seat. I have been told that this may be something to do
with a GPS system. can anyone tell me how easy it is to lift this seat so I can check what has been fitted underneath it? many thanks Peter