Squeaky brakes in '06 SLK 55 AMG.

Has anyone had problems with LOUD squeaky brakes in a '06 SLK 55? I am about to take it back to the dealer to have them refixed. It has only 6k miles on it.

Ah, money shields noone from squeaky brakes... :-( My then fairly new CLK Cab's breaks started squeaking, too. The dealer applied some material or something which alleviated the problem.
At some stage the squeaking seemed to go away.
Bring back asbestos brake pads, I say... ;-)
DAS
"Ernesto" < snipped-for-privacy@rta.com> wrote in message
news:ZLSdnai6pejuwz7ZnZ2dnUVZ snipped-for-privacy@comcast.com...
Our 2002 E-320's brakes aren't squeaking, BUT the fronts really cause the rims to get dirty quickly. From what I remember this means a soft compound for better braking, but it sure makes a mess of the wheels.
Comments please
It is not soft compound. It is because of TUV requirement to include graphite as part of brake pad... Only in front too... I have no idea why... something to do with wear.
Don't know why the brakes make the wheels so dirty, but Mr. Clean Magic Erasers are the BEST way to clean the brake dust. They are great!

graced this newsgroup with:

Kleen wheels. They work *great*. No more dirty rims.
www.kleenwheels.com
the

Got to buy some of that. I did some "hard" driving the other day. Got home, and had black crap from the brakes (dust) ALL OVER BOTH SIDES OF MY CAR!! I couldn't believe it. I know I was going a bit fast and braking a bit hard a couple of times before getting into a couple of freeway exchanges, but I will have to check with the dealer on this one.
The problem is breaking in the brake pads... it was not done properly so it squeak loudly... squeak is caused by a tiny 'gap' between the pad and the rotor.

it
Pardon the silly question but ... what's the proper way of breaking in the brakes? Previously the dealer put some paste or something somewhere in the braking system, and the noise went away. Now it is beginning to come back.
If you grease the back of the pads between the caliper and the actual pad you will stop the squeek.

Let's not forget that driving while talking on the cell phone and looking out the window at the same time may help block out the squeak, too.
Try not to jam the brakes too hard for few hundred miles. It is to help the pads 'configure' themselves to the surface of discs. Otherwise, heavy braking can cause glazing which makes lot of noises.
Ernesto wrote:

so
the
the