squeaky breaks

Hi, My mechanic put new break pads on my 300E 89 about 8k miles ago. It still squaks to this day. He says it is due to some new compounds they put in the pads these days, someone else said it is due to cheap
break pads.
What is the truth?
Nope, that is DEFINITELY NOT the truth. The truth is that he did not break in the pad correctly... he didn't scruff up the rotors to seat the new pads in either.
The truth is nothing will get rid off the sqeak unless you change the rotors(discs) I had the same problem for months and until they changed them. Haven t had a noise since.. The pads of today do not match the compound of the discs you have on your car.

"" wrote: > The truth is nothing will get rid off the sqeak unless you > change the > rotors(discs) I had the same problem for months and until they > changed them. > Haven t had a noise since.. The pads of today do not match > the compound of > the discs you have on your car.
> > > Hi, > > My mechanic put new break pads on my 300E '89 about 8k miles > ago. It > > still squaks to this day. He says it is due to some new > compounds > > they put in the pads these days, someone else said it is due > to cheap > > break pads. > > > > What is the truth? > > > > -- > > Posted using the http://www.autoforumz.com interface, at author's request > > Articles individually checked for conformance to usenet > standards > > Topic URL: > > http://www.autoforumz.com/Mercedes-Benz-squeaky-breaks-ftopict127144.html > > Visit Topic URL to contact author (reg. req'd). Report > abuse: > > http://www.autoforumz.com/eform.php?pb0006
Tiger and Ory, thanks for your feedback. I am going back to the mech armed with the info.
steve