squeaky breaks

Hi, My mechanic put new break pads on my 300E ?89 about 8k miles ago. It still squaks to this day. He says it is due to some new compounds they put in the pads these days, someone else said it is due to cheap break pads.

What is the truth?

Reply to
steve

Nope, that is DEFINITELY NOT the truth. The truth is that he did not break in the pad correctly... he didn't scruff up the rotors to seat the new pads in either.

Reply to
Tiger

steve

Reply to