SRS light on, '96 E320

The SRS light just came on on my 1996 E320. Is there any thing I can check myself, like connection to the airbags of impact sensors, before paying the
dealer to fix this?
Could be just a temporary O2 sensor glitch and may go out. If not, some auto parts stores can read the codes out for you. Otherwise:
http://www.auterraweb.com /
Scott D