St. Louis Mechanic? Dead 450slc

Hi All:
I'm in St. Louis and need a MBZ mechanic or at least one who can service a Bosch K-Jetronic system. I know and like GLB Motor Works, but they can't get me in until Wednesday (should have been a Benz
mechanic instead of getting a doctorate!).
I've got a 1980 450slc that won't start. I think it's a fuel problem rather than spark because it will catch for a few seconds when I use starting fluid. I'm using it as a daily driver and need to get it back on the road ASAP
Thanks! Paul
Should have made clear that "Wednesday" was next week! -Paul
First thing I would do is check the fuel pump relay. There is a date stamped on the side of it... if it is more than 10 years old, it is goner, so get a new one.
Tiger:
Your the MAN! Your diagnosis was spot on. I tapped the relay and it started right up. Time to order a new one.
Thanks again!