Starmark warranty

Just looking for some information about the Starmark warranty on a used ML320 in the US. Anyone have any opinions on getting the optional Starmark warranty, I was looking at the extra 4 years. Id it worth the $1700 for an extra 4 years? The car only has 36,000 miles on it, its a 2000. I was looking through the information on the website, but its hard to see what is different between the manufacture warrantee that covers it now and the Starmark. Thanks in advance!

Reply to
James Browning

While the price for a Starmark is good there is another way to look at the numbers:

Prices for a used Benz at a dealer are significantly higher than other dealers, private sellers, or eBay. If you can get the same ML for say $5k less, that, plus the $1700 will pay for one heck of a lot of repairs! Or you could use part of the savings to buy an indpendent warranty and use the leftover $s for MB acessories! MB dealers will work with other warranty programs if you like factory service (used car warranties are essentially insurance that can pay out to pretty much any shop willing to deal with the paperwork)

I do not know the repair reputation of ML's but I just could not make the Starmark numbers work for the eClass cars I have bought. It does give some people peace of mind but at what price?

........Scott D

Reply to
Scott D

I thought that starmark warranty is for dealers only i.e., used cars sold by dealers. It is not available to consumers. I am also looking for a good extended warranty for my 2000 ML 430. Any advise?

Reply to
dguptaa

you can get the same ML for say $5k less, that, plus the $1700 will pay for one heck of a lot of repairs!

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ You can got thru $6700 really fast in repairing a used ML...this car is proving to one with a lot of problems. Check out the new JD Powers owners survey. MB way down on the list and the ML ranks very low in owner satisfaction. I would buy the Starmark car if you must have an ML.
Reply to
Rockman59

We've bought three Starmarks cars now. Wouldn't consider buying a pre-owned MB without the coverage! The warranty has more than paid for itself on two of the three (just got the 2000 CL 500). One repair alone on our '94 E320 Coupe was over $1600.00 US. Never a problem from Starmark. They even paid to have the E320 shipped to the dealer 150 miles away for another repair (the infamous head gasket leak common on that model). Another twist is that the dealer knows us well by now and often will use his "discretion" when deciding if the repair is covered by Starmark or not. Dale (not Camille) '94 E320 Coupe '96 S500 Coupe '00 CL500

James Brown> Just looking for some information about the Starmark warranty on a used

Reply to
Camille

A Starmark warranty is given by the dealer after they go through the car and are satisfied that everything works perfectly. It is not the same as an extended warranty which MB dealers sell, and different dealers charge differently for it. A Starmarked MB is usually a gorgeous, like new, car. P.

Reply to
pkmaven