Starting probs 1988 300e

I have a great MB that has just started giving random starting problems. Always after being driven and turned off though. Hear a popping noise after cranking on it and not starting, tach jumps when this happens. I never crank over 15 seconds. After a long bout yesterday car finally started but ran poorly, no power and skipping. After home arrival it ws started (immediately) and ran smoothly. Any ideas ?

Reply to
southerncomfort via CarKB.com

I'm not sure, but it sounds like an ignition problem.

It could just be the ignition coil, but worse it could also be the electronic ignition unit, which drives the ignition coil.

The ignition unit also provides rpm signal. Try first to see, if there is any poor connections around it.

southerncomfort via CarKB.com wrote:

Reply to
Jens