Steering pump fails

Hello, the steering pump of my w168 A Class stopped working suddnely after washing the engine. The day after it started working again and yesterday too
till today. Now the steering is hard. I thought it could be an electric contact and I am going to deoxide them with some deoxidant product. What id your advice? This is an extremely expensive piece damn it.
Not sure about your engine... but have you considered that it might be problem with your belt? Maybe the tensioner too?

No it was already replaced 10 days ago.
Hi, I have found that the best way to remove oxidation from electrical contacts is via mechanical means. Chemicals usually won't get to the good metal necessary for conduction. A small pocket knife blade usually works well, sometimes a small peice of scotch brite (name brand, but other abrasive scouring pads will do) is gentler. Just a small suggestion. Hope this helps.