stiff ride in 99 320e 4matic

I just purchased a 99 320e 4matic,and was surprised at how rough the ride is. I know its not a Lexus when it comes to ride softness,but it seems a little harsh. This is my first Benz so not sure what to expect.
Should I use premium gas,or is it a waste of money
Check the tires' pressure.
I too, believe the ride is a bit too "sporty" but these are sold as "sports sedans". The firmness of the ride seems to disappear with speed.
The octane rating of the fuel should be as recommended by the manufacturer. If you don't have the manual then ask Merc.
BTW, what you mean by "premium"? What matters is the octane number, not an adjective (whose meaning can vary across the world).
DAS
Premium fuel in the US usually means 91 octane as that is as high as I have ever seen at any of the big name gas stations. MB has said for many years in the owners manual that you should use "premium" fuel. I hav been using regular in my 1986 560SEL for 10 years with no problems. Engine runs great, no pinging. The ignition system automatically retards the timing when it senses that the fuel may cause pinging. If you are interested in maximum acceleration and high speed driving you should use premium. If you just drive the car normally then regular works just fine. _________________________________________