Stop lever doesn't shutdown '81 300TD Turbo

My stop lever all of a sudden won't shutdown my engine. The idle drops slightly and it runs like crap, but it won't actually shutdown. This just started all of a sudden. Linkages are fine and I even took the top end of the linkage going to the IP off and moved it to the shutdown position. NADA.

Reply to
Absolutely

Dunno if you've already seen this thread, but read about halfway down. There may be a clue there. Does the vacuum cutoff (ignition key) work?

Conrad

Reply to
Conrad

Have seen this thread. The issue is that the engine will not stop with the stop lever under the hood. The ignition switch will shut it off without a problem.

Vacuum does not play into this, as the lever mechanically shuts down the engine. The whole reason for the stop lever is to shut it down in the case of a vacuum failure. It's just that mine doesn't shutdown with the lever.

I'm going to take the ALDA off and the plate below this so I can see in there.

Absolutely