Stop lever doesn't shutdown '81 300TD Turbo

My stop lever all of a sudden won't shutdown my engine. The idle drops slightly and it runs like crap, but it won't actually shutdown. This just started all of a sudden. Linkages are fine and I even took the top end of
the linkage going to the IP off and moved it to the shutdown position. NADA.
On Mon, 11 Apr 2005 09:58:05 -0400, Absolutely wrote:

Dunno if you've already seen this thread, but read about halfway down. There may be a clue there. Does the vacuum cutoff (ignition key) work? http://www.benzworld.org/forums/forums/thread-view.asp?tid 05661&posts$&fid
Conrad
Have seen this thread. The issue is that the engine will not stop with the stop lever under the hood. The ignition switch will shut it off without a problem.
Vacuum does not play into this, as the lever mechanically shuts down the engine. The whole reason for the stop lever is to shut it down in the case of a vacuum failure. It's just that mine doesn't shutdown with the lever.
I'm going to take the ALDA off and the plate below this so I can see in there.

http://www.benzworld.org/forums/forums/thread-view.asp?tid 05661&posts$&fid