Storing a car for a few months

I'm looking to store a car for three months while travelling. Is there anything special I should do? Put in fuel stabilizer? Pump the tires harder? Disconnect the battery? The AC doesn't work anyway, so I'm not worried about exercising that. Any ideas? Storage time is approximately 3 months.

Matt O.

Reply to
Matt O'Toole

There is a storage procedure for each type of car. Consult your dealer for detailed instructions from the WIS. Your dealer will know what it is.

Reply to
Miro

I'd say just leave it as it is. Perhaps just disconnect the battery. Lock the car and away you go. It will start fine after 3+ month.

Reply to
Niels Ulrik Reinwald dgdf

3 months is not really a big deal and if the car's in good shape before you leave you can just leave it. If you're really worrried have somebody drive it 20 miles (and now slow!) once a month.
Reply to
Richard Sexton

Just disconnect the battery

Reply to