Strange Coolant leak on 450 SEL

Can anyone explain a strange coolant leak on a 450 SEL 6.9. Everything runs fine however if I run the car for about 10 + miles (basically warming it up
to 175F) then return home I seem to develop a coolant leak about 20 hours later? I have checked it when it is running and all appears fine, after stopping the coolant does not leak, and seems to maintain pressure. I am trying to determine the area of the leak but haven't been able to witness it yet. I did a bulb test and it appears to be very low on antifreeze would this be an issue? I will replenish the antifreeze level but would like to determine the leakage area first. Any suggestions, why the delay? I can only assume that it is a slow leak somewhere causeing it to pool somewhere?
Drew
could easily be the water pump - they 'fail' over quite a period of time, apparently.

runs
up
it
somewhere?
bring the coolant to the proper concentration! then check once again.
also water pumps have seals and they do break down .
the case, minus a few cans!
MY c-class got similar problem, and finally found out was a leak in the engine cylinder head gasket, the lower bit of the engine block got water marks (coolant had vapourised).
"IF YOU CAN'T SWIM DON'T JUMP IN"
btv.net

This happened to me too...
Brought my 93 190E into a shop and they found an extremely tiny crack in the radiator hose...
R Green Tech Support --------------- WoWsat.com ---------------

runs
up
it