Strange noise on an E280 2005 model

Every now again, either when the engine is running or not a very noisy motor starts up. According to my local Merc dealer it is the servo motor for the breaking system and they say it is normal. Has anyone else experienced this and if so am I being told the truth?

Reply to
juniper

This sounds normal for the SBC brake pump. Should run first when starting the car (opening the door) and then every now and then while driving and using brakes.

Reply to
Me