Strange Problem

1990 560 SEC Euro Version
Recently car has started to display some strange symptoms. Car will start with higher than usual idle, and ABS light on. After
running for some time the ABS light will go out, and idle will return to normal. At first this happend rarely and all i had to do was turn off the ignition and re-start, but now it will stay this way for as long as 15 to 20 minutes of driving regardless off how many times I shut down and re-start.
Is this a sign that the Overload Protection Relay is going bad, or is there some other likley cause?
Check to see how old your OVP is... it is stamped on the side.
Sounds like OVP problem. Otherwise, it is idle speed controller... which has a diagnostic procedure in factory service manual... should be performed before buying a rebuilt unit.
Il Wed, 13 Oct 2010 17:52:52 -0700, GM ha scritto:

I'd check the membrane of the brake assistance system (servo-brake?), too.
--
Il futuro mostrerà in quale mondo stiamo vivendo - (K. Chenkin)