sunroof deflector

Is there one sunroof deflector that is the best sunroof deflector? I don't care to reduce the amount of wind in the car, I just want to cut down on the
noise. I also want something that doesn't make any holes and doesn't involve an adhesive that could damage the paint. Is there anything? Oh, and it's be going on a W126 SE. Thanks, Richard

Isn't there one built into the sunroof?
This actually is a question I have been meaning to ask.
My 1986 190e's little built in sunroof wind deflector doesn't really "pop up" the way it should.
If I manually assist it on the highway, I hear a HUGE difference in noise.
Is there a spring that is supposed to push this up? Where is it?
Marty

Yeah, but obviously it's a lot smaller than the add on ones.

There is supposed to be, but the parts break and pop out. Here's how to fix it on a 560SEC, shouldn't be tooooo different http://mywebpages.comcast.net/chwilka//repairing_a_lazy_wind_deflector.htm Richard
one of my SDs had the dark plastic shade that went on the opening. it stuck up an inch or two and was about 3 5 inches deep <front to back>
you will see some others out there when there coming at you on the highway. it was great & i wished i had taken it off before i sold it.
no noise little rain while at speed even with the roof 1/2 way open.
don.t have a clue where to get one though
check some f the web sites
the case, minus a few cans!
Really no noise? Making the sunroof useful at 80mph? Richard

i don't know about no noise but its better. i don't sit in my back seat in any car i own but my guess is it should be better!
the nice thing is if its raining you can open it up a half a foot with no rain coming in.
the case, minus a few cans!
I have one I added about 8 years ago. It's dark smoked acrylic and clips to the inside of the opening with no holes to drill. There is a lot less noise at 80 MPH and no rain as mentioned with the roof open. The only disadvantage is when it's raining and you stop the rain runs forward on the sunroof and right in your lap. Teaches you to close the roof before stopping. I think mine was a dealer supplied item. Have you checked with them?
Found this supplier, I think it's a 3M tape down model but for $24 how can you lose. I originally bought mine and didn't want holes drilled or stick-on because of the paint issue. Turns out I was wrong, it has been on the car for 8 years, never off, the paint under it is not the same color anymore and now the car is due for a paint job. So much for my theories. Here's the link: http://www.team-performance.com/partssearch2.cfm?searchquery00SD&keywordtype=Vehicle&cat=Sunroof%20Wind%20Deflector&vehiclemake=Mercedes%2DBenz
boy now i recall that COLD water when i stopped. that is the only hitch!
mine was also the one with the little clips
guess i am going to get another one
the case, minus a few cans!