Sunroof Pan

'81 300TD.

I knew this car had rust probs when i got it, however i didn't expect to find the sunroof pan turned to powder. i pulled it out and put in the pan from my wrecked DT. Nice fit. However, the pieces to lift the back into place when the sunroof is closed are evidently part of the pan. This is a manual sunroof now with an electric sunroof pan. It seems I'm going to need to find a honest to god manual sunroof pan to make this all work. my search has not gone well. any ideas where such an animal might be found without 25 years of rust? if i cannot find one I'm afraid I'll be reduced to welding the sunroof closed since i do a lot of freeway driving and the wind noise is not adding to my MB experience. the car is in otherwise great mechanical shape which is why I'm suffering the rusty body. the engine and tranny are strong (will chirp the tires going into second when held to the floor from a dead stop!) and even the CC works perfectly. Thanks for any help offered. ~~Paul

Reply to
PT in OR

Can you fabricate the needed pan?

Galv roof flashing can be soldered easily with a propane flame.

Reply to
T.G. Lambach