suspension problem 2000 s320?

Hi,
I have started to hear what I can only describe as a 'motor sound' on my 2000 S320cdi when I start the car. It can last for 15min before it stops.
However, if I use the airmatic system to raise the car the noise stops but comes back again after about 20 mins. I'm guessing that this could be the compressor for the suspension system and it has only started to happen over the last two weeks.
Has anyone come across this or is this normal?. There are no warnings reported.
Sounds like you made the correct assumption, and if it is running like you suggest, you probably have a slow leak somewhere.
"harrry" <nomail> wrote in message
| Hi, | | I have started to hear what I can only describe as a 'motor sound' on my | 2000 S320cdi when I start the car. It can last for 15min before it stops. | However, if I use the airmatic system to raise the car the noise stops but | comes back again after about 20 mins. I'm guessing that this could be the | compressor for the suspension system and it has only started to happen over | the last two weeks. | | Has anyone come across this or is this normal?. There are no warnings | reported. | |
thanks .. do you know of any way to find the leak or is this something that the deal will need to do?