suspension rattle 300sd

I have an 1984 sd300 and am experiencing a rattle from the left front susp when going over small bumps. I have taken the wheel off and all bushings etc seem ok. I can feel the suspension shift a bit when I
apply the brakes[ calipers are tight] Steering seems ok except a bit of play in the steering box.Any help is appreciated...
Did you check your stabilizer bar connecting link? (if so equipped). I had a similar "rattle" in my car and they replaced the connecting links. Different model and year but the same symtoms.
Good Luck Larry B.