swap 83-80 240d

Hi, I just joined after searching for information on 240D engine interchangeability. Compression on my 80 240 had gotten to the point that starting was long and painful, ~235lbs. :>( I purchased a used 83
motor and trany with good compression. I have noticed some additional trottle linkage on the frontside of the motor that is different. I am not sure what it is, can anyone tell me? Are there any issues with putting this motor in? Thanks.
the engine are the same, it is just the add ons, you will have to change some parts that is all. I have done this a lot. Larry wrote:

I have made the swap. I swapped amd traded parts. I was lucky to find that the clutch that came with the 83 was in great shape. I bolted the engine up to my transmission, also a manual, because the linkages were different. I bled the hyd. and I am not sure I am real happy. The clutch grinds if the pedal hits the floor. Does the 83 require a shorter throw out bearing? It seems to drive OK, but, am I in danger of it not releasing completely? It is great to ask questions of someone who has done it before. love-123s wrote: