T Rated Tires

I needed tires recently, and opted for the top rated tire, according to Tire Rack, the Michelin Hydro-Edge in original size 185x65x15 for my 1992 190E 2.6. Great grip, wet or dry and absolutely dead
silent. One saleman present was concerned because the car was listed to require V rated tires, Hydro-Edges were T rated,...they dont come in H or V rated My take off tires were H rated. I figured with new Boge standard, struts front and rear shocks, there should be little to be concerned about, as 85 mph, is about my limit. What do you think............Rick

Hi Rick, I agree. As long as you dont drive faster than 115, that should be no problem. My 190E is listed with H tires, but in winter I only use T because I cant get H in the needed dimension. And driving in Germany I very often drive 115. No problem.
Manfred

Uh, isn't it illegal in Germany to drive on tires not rated as high as your top speed?
T rated tires top speed is 119 sustained for one hour. Mercedes claims tires are part of suspension system, my car now rides like its wearing sneakers.

No, it is not illegal. You only nead a small sign at the dashboard indicating the maximum speed for the tires.
Manfred