T Rated Tires

I needed tires recently, and opted for the top rated tire, according to Tire Rack, the Michelin Hydro-Edge in original size 185x65x15 for my

1992 190E 2.6. Great grip, wet or dry and absolutely dead silent. One saleman present was concerned because the car was listed to require V rated tires, Hydro-Edges were T rated,...they dont come in H or V rated My take off tires were H rated. I figured with new Boge standard, struts front and rear shocks, there should be little to be concerned about, as 85 mph, is about my limit. What do you think............Rick
Reply to
r parris

"r parris" schrieb im Newsbeitrag news: snipped-for-privacy@storefull-3218.bay.webtv.net...

Hi Rick, I agree. As long as you don´t drive faster than 115, that should be no problem. My 190E is listed with H tires, but in winter I only use T because I can´t get H in the needed dimension. And driving in Germany I very often drive 115. No problem.

Manfred

Reply to
Manfred Jantz

Uh, isn't it illegal in Germany to drive on tires not rated as high as your top speed?

Reply to
marlin

T rated tires top speed is 119 sustained for one hour. Mercedes claims tires are part of suspension system, my car now rides like its wearing sneakers.

Reply to
r parris

"marlin" schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:I0pqe.2117$gL4.1761@trnddc07...

No, it is not illegal. You only nead a small sign at the dashboard indicating the maximum speed for the tires.

Manfred

Reply to
Manfred Jantz