Tachometer wiring 1983 300D Turbodiesel

Does anyone have a schematic of the tachometer wiring for this car? I am hooking up a remote starter and I need feedback that indicates whether the engine is running or not.

I have installed a remote starter on a 300D before but I could not get the remote starter unit to recognize that the car was running. Maybe the tach signal was too weak???

Otherwise, I really wish I could find a vacuum actuated switch -- one that will detect vacuum, hence a running engine.

I have already bypassed the vacuum valve for the IP fuel shutoff with a electronically actuated valve so there is no problem there.

Any help???

Reply to
bcc304