take (me) out (to the) ball joints

I noticed last winter that one of the boots on one of my ball joints had ruptured, and accepted the fact that I'd need to replace it. Now with warm weather (and some vacation time) I'm ready to replace the ball joints
but the crappy Haynes manual for my '84 300D doesn't mention anything about them - is it because they are simple to do (it seems pretty cut and dried - pull 'em out, press new ones in), or is there some kind of Aryan Voodoo I can't see from here?
I just did the shocks and want to get these in before getting an alignment.
Mucho thanks,
terry solomonson
it's a straightforward job but not often an easy one. it might seem like an extreme approach, but many people take off the whole lower arm/wishbone and then take that to a shop to have the joint pressed out. with your car being an '84 you can pretty much guarantee that your knuckles are going to get grazed - what with siezed up bolts etc. good luck!

alignment.