Taking the M103, 6cyl head off

ok i got the valve cover off in the garage and i got the exgaust manifolds disconnected. Can't i just un bolt the intake bolts on the side of the head and leave the intake there? Isnt the side of the block holding the
intake up? And how hard is it to dissconnect the timing chain sprocket from the cam? I am alos assuming I have to taking off the timing chain cover in front?
Thank you all-chuck
i know i have to wire the chian off so i can hold the position for the installation, but i dont have to undo the master link? Because im not changing the chain only if looks bad? But there would be no reason to disconnect the link? I should just wire it off through the sprocket good, nice and tight? And is there any reason to do anything with the fuel injecttion system other than install the new gasket between the head and the intake. I just was nervous if i had to adjust anything after i hook it all up...Thaks again, chuck-nj

You should figure out the right way to put this back together. Usually there are marks that line up on the cam and crank sprockets when the engine is at TDC. It's worth figuring out, even if it's just to make you more confident.
You don't want to struggle to keep the correct chain position, just to reassemble it and find you skipped a link!
Marty