tank ventilation 300TDturbo

Hi,
How does the fuel tank normally ventilate when there is a non ventilating tank stop fitted?? When I remove my tank stop I hear "psst" as if the tank
is vacumed, and that is not good I guess.
Thanks,
Jannes W124 300 TD Turbo
No answers here??
Jannes

I am not the expert on this, but I don't think it's vented, I think you should here suction when removing the fuel cap...
Marty
I considered that, but that is not logical. Think about this: What would happen then when you fill up your tank, and drive straight through untill the tank is empty. When there is no ventilation the tank would shrink. Wouldn't it?
Jannes ( thanks for answering by the way )
said:

It has to have a way equilize the pressure as it pumps fuel out of the tank, that is true, but I doubt it uses a simple "vent" like an old carbuerated vehicle would. I think it has some kind of valving and a feedback system from the injection?
Wish someone more knowledgible would chime in here and say me from ignorant speculation?
Marty
it is i bet vented but is made to stand a little pressure and vacuum. this is so when the tank is 1/2 full and it goes from cold to hot & back with the weather you do not starve the motor nor flood it<gas> the motor.
my guess there is a small spring check valve and a line running to a charcoal canister some were.
the case, minus a few cans!