Taurus Starter

99 Taurus Wagon 165K miles. Starter tries but almost like a week battery. Jumped it first to see if will start but behaves the same - just kinda clicks. Relay is ok. There is power to starter. Connections are tight.
Feels like starter is locked up when trying to start.
Am thinking starter is probably bad. Removed it last night and plan to have it tested.
Any thoughts???

Not a mercedes question?
Probably the starter though... Check to make sure oil isn't leaking onto it also...
Marty
PS If it seems to bench test OK, recheck the connections and have the battery load tested.
I had a similar problem on my GMC 454 1 ton truck.....Turned out to be a bad battery ( Totally dead )...Jumping and the normal tricks would not start it. Trying another battery first would be my recommendation.
Peter

thanks fellas, it was the starter (probably more like the solenoid but didnt bother chkg it).i replaced the starter/solenoid assembly and voila!!
bought the unit from napa. easy to replace.