TE fuel system

hi just out of interest while replacing the rusty bits in my fuel system I discovered my '88 230TE has two petrol pumps, one of the earliest with this change.... anybody know why Merc changed this, also would it do any harm to re-plumb without the extra pump?

Reply to
news

Your fuel system requires both in series.

Do NOT replace with just one!!

Reply to
Karl

hmm yes , looked again think I must have been looking at the wrong pictures, might have been for a Diesel not an earlier petrol system - my Russian isn't all it could be... On second thoughts I suppose the first pump is low pressure to the 'accumulator'? and the second is high pressure to the injector? cheers anyway!

Reply to
news

No, they are identical pumps. They work in series.

Reply to
Karl

These pump are cheap on ebay new... check them out.

Reply to
Tiger

kay thanks for that, so, is it normal to have two pumps, or is there some particular reason for two? Do other Mercs use two pumps ?

cheers!

Reply to
news