Technical questions on a 1986 300 SEL stretched

Hi there,
together with some friends I own a 1986 300 SEL 6 door stretched limo. It's working fine and it's fun to drive. The thing is, we need to do some work on
it before it can pass the annual safety check which is required in The Netherlands.
Two things.
A The rear brake lines are in bad condition and need to be replaced. Is this something that can be done by ourselves ? (we are students and have a reasonable amount of technical experience).
B There is quite a lot of room in the steering wheel. When on the road, the steering wheel can jiggle to the left and to the right without actually doing something to the direction of the car. Can this be adjusted or are there some parts that need to be replaced.
Thnx in advance,
Marty
If you are talking about brake hose, yes you can do it yourself. You will have to bleed the brake system afterward.
The steering wheel... there are many factor involved... how much play are you talking about? 20mm? More? If more, you may have a broken flex disc joint... that is supposed to break in the event of accident so the steering wheel doesn't jam up against you.
If you are talking about 5mm, it can be number of things... but first thing to check is the entire steering assembly in the front that are hooked up to your tires... jack up the entire front end up and have one of you wiggle the tire to see what is loose...
idler arm bushing? upper control arm? tie rods ball joints?