Thatcham Device

I have purchased a Merc c250 elegance diesel auto and my insurance is asking if the car is fitted with a thacham approved device, can anyone help me with this please.

Thanks kevin

Reply to
kev

hi means anti-theft device, alarm, immobiliser etc. see -

cheers!

Reply to
newsreader

So would my CLK with option 551 be a Thatcham Cat 1?

551 = Anti theft, Anti break-in, Warning with anti-towing system.

David

Reply to
David J

Info re Thatcham categories as taken from AA website

Thatcham approves security systems under a number of categories.

For cars CAT1 - Combined alarm and immobiliser

Key features

a.. Alarm with full perimeter and passenger compartment sensing and battery backed-up siren b.. Passively armed immobiliser isolating a minimum of two operating systems c.. Anti-scan, anti-grab key-code system d.. Coded fuel valve for diesels CAT2 - Immobiliser

Key features

a.. Passively armed immobiliser isolating a minimum of two operating systems b.. Anti-scan, anti-grab key-code system c.. Coded fuel valve for diesels CAT2 - 1 - Alarm upgrade

Key features

a.. Upgrades a fitted CAT2 system to full CAT1 status CAT3 - Mechanical immobiliser

Key features

a.. Isolates a minimum of one operating system b.. Easy to arm and disarm c.. High level of attack resistance d.. Permanent or temporary installation CAT4 - Wheel locking devices

Key features

a.. Reliability and durability b.. Secure key replacement procedures c.. attack resistance d.. Traceability CAT5 - After theft tracking and recovery systems

Key features

a.. Vehicle location systems b.. Vehicle Remote immobilisation systems c.. Vehicle signalling systems >

Reply to
Chugar

Then why don't they just refer to it as that?

Reply to
randallbrink