Thatcham Device

I have purchased a Merc c250 elegance diesel auto and my insurance is asking if the car is fitted with a thacham approved device, can anyone help me with this please.
Thanks kevin

hi means anti-theft device, alarm, immobiliser etc. see - http://www.thatcham.org/security/index.jsp?pageu
cheers!
On Fri, 4 Dec 2009 11:27:20 -0000, "newsreader"

So would my CLK with option 551 be a Thatcham Cat 1?
551 = Anti theft, Anti break-in, Warning with anti-towing system.
David
Info re Thatcham categories as taken from AA website
Thatcham approves security systems under a number of categories.
For cars CAT1 - Combined alarm and immobiliser
Key features
a.. Alarm with full perimeter and passenger compartment sensing and battery backed-up siren b.. Passively armed immobiliser isolating a minimum of two operating systems c.. Anti-scan, anti-grab key-code system d.. Coded fuel valve for diesels CAT2 - Immobiliser
Key features
a.. Passively armed immobiliser isolating a minimum of two operating systems b.. Anti-scan, anti-grab key-code system c.. Coded fuel valve for diesels CAT2 - 1 - Alarm upgrade
Key features
a.. Upgrades a fitted CAT2 system to full CAT1 status CAT3 - Mechanical immobiliser
Key features
a.. Isolates a minimum of one operating system b.. Easy to arm and disarm c.. High level of attack resistance d.. Permanent or temporary installation CAT4 - Wheel locking devices
Key features
a.. Reliability and durability b.. Secure key replacement procedures c.. attack resistance d.. Traceability CAT5 - After theft tracking and recovery systems
Key features
a.. Vehicle location systems b.. Vehicle Remote immobilisation systems c.. Vehicle signalling systems > >

Then why don't they just refer to it as that?