the doors..

hi 1988 230TE first thanks for all the help with my electrical problems from previous posts, 'regulator' & 'abs light' - turned out to be a combination of voltage
drain from the courtesy light relay & the regulator plus weak output from the alternator, got it all sorted last week, fitted a 70A alternator and was feeling well chuffed (didn't even know the warning lights are supposed to light up and go out on starting doh!) - until the car got sideswiped by a hit and run while it was parked up outside.. aaarrrggghhhh so - new question
- will a drivers door from any other model fit or is the estate door unique, what years will fit '85-'95? any hints and tips on door removal and replacement?
tia balge
I believe you can fit from 86 to 93... 94-95 is slightly different bodystyle.

good one cheers for that
balge