The latest from the vigorously capitalistic communists!

( Sprinters to be in China, hopefully a few extra make it to the USA )
http://biz.yahoo.com/prnews/050915/deth003.html?.v0
South East Motors, Inc. is a joint venture between Fujian Motor
Industry Group (FJMG) and China Motor Corporation (CMC). DaimlerChrysler has established a separate joint venture called DaimlerChrysler Vans (China) Ltd. (DCVC) with both FJMG and CMC to produce Mercedes-Benz Sprinter and Viano Multi-Purpose Vehicles at a new facility, also in Fuzhou. Production of Chrysler's localized minivan will take place at SEM's existing facility.
On 2005-09-15 19:18:06 -0700, "greek_philosophizer"
Interesting you should say that as I was thinking yesterday as they seem to be popping up with increasing frequency here in the Seattle area. Fleet vehicles for major service corporations seems to be the #1 application.
Marty
Yes I notice them too because I like vans. They are very useful. You can carry a lot of things. You can have lots of fun with them.
The problem with the Sprinter in the USA seems to be that there are not many on the lots and special orders take a long time.
Also there is a redesigned model for 2006 and there seems to be a dearth of information on it.
Maybe next summer there will be enough on the lots to consider a purchase.
.

And cheap on fuel. My uncle has the newer one, hauls cabbages in it :-) takes as much as a small car. My dad has a 1990 sprinter 208, that thing does about 6l/100km or 39mpg, not bad!
cp