thoughts on 2004 E320 wagon

I am bailing out on my c320 wagon and looking at the e320 wagon in a moderately trimmed version. I am also considering the ML500 special edition and also the Audi allroad in the 4.2 liter (although 2.7 turbo
is not out of the question)
I want to stick with what they have in MB 2004 stock since the 2005 models stop offering free routine service!!! This will add $1,800 a year onto the price which is insulting considering all the luxury brands do it...why is MB doing this?
any comments on any of these vehicles.
thanks
rich
MB stopped offering the free services because that is what the people said they cared the least for when they answered the surveys after they bought the car. MB does not survey non-owners, only new owners. MB is giving the people what they want.
How did you come up with the $1800 a year figure?? Only A and B services were paid for. An A service is oil, oil filter, and 1 hour labor. In round inflated numbers, that is about $300. Figuring 12K to 15K between services, that is maybe once a year..... A B is the same parts and 1.5 hour labor. 2003 and 2004 models do not include wiper blades. Vent filters are usually every B and add around $25.