Throttle Linkage for newbie

Help! Does anybody have a .jpg photo/s you could post of the throttle linkage for a 1980 (or equivalant) 300SD. The linkage has came apart on my new to me car and I do not see how it goes back togather. I do see where it
needs new ball sockets. I have no throttle the way it is. Thanks.
Hey Walt,
I sent a couple of diagrams to your posted email address. I didn't want to post photos on this newsgroup; it's an unnecessary download ordeal for users who aren't following the topic thread and rely on a slower dial-up connection.
Hope it helps.

it
I own the same model but have no scanner etc. to send you a sketch.
Where, exactly has it come apart?
At firewall?
At the STOP lever?
Behind the injection pump?
On the top of the engine?
What ever you do DON'T adjust the length of the rods.
Is your car a California model?
I'll reply later tonight to your answers.
Tom
Thanks Tom, The linkage came apart at the ball socket over the valve cover. There is a U shaped bracket on the arm part of the linkage that came apart that looks like it should be fastened to somewhere. To my knowledge, the car is not a california model. It is a 1980 300SD Turbo with the 116 body. Thanks

I'm looking in my manual at the picture of that linkage.
There's a right angled or U shaped horizontal plate that rotates on a pin; it has two shout levers attached to its aft section. One is attached to the STOP lever, the other is attached to the twist rod's (from fire wall) lever.
The third rod attached to the forward end of the horizontal plate is the transmission's pressure rod which passed above the two rods.
There's also a rod from the bottom of the STOP lever down to the back of the injection pump; this is the rod that actually makes the car go.
The correct lubrication for these balls and sockets is hydraulic (transmission) fluid; I apply a bit of Lubriplate to my 116's rods.
I've owned my 116 since it was new and can help you as needed, just e-mail.
Tom
Thanks Tom, I got it back togather.