Thumping or creaking in the rear end. 1984 300D

Well, I just finished replacing my motor mounts and transmission mount (which was completely destroyed) and I have a symptom that returned that I thought I had fixed.
The problem is that after the car has been driven for 20 or 30 minutes, it starts to get a thump or a creaking sound in the rear end on acceleration, and any time there is load on the wheels/ transmission. I replaced the mounts last Monday (2/8), and this didn't start until Friday afternoon on the way home from work. I'm afraid that it is the axles, or specifically, the joints where they attach to the differential. I noticed that one boot is cracked pretty badly, but the boot looks fine on the side that the sound is coming from (driver).
Does anyone have any other theories, or should I start pricing out an axle rebuild?
Also, I'm in the Atlanta, GA area if you know of anyone that could do this.
Thanks, Doug
I would say subframe bushing need to be replaced.
Other thing to check is yoru sway bar links.