tight drivers door

The driver door on an 83 300D turbo is very hard to latch fully. In order to securly latch the door, I have to lightly slam the door. I've adjusted the door latch as per MB maintenance manual but there is no
change. The latch has two shims.
Any ideas why this latch is so unhappy?
Are you sure it's the latch? On my 380SE that fabric moulding on the b-pillar side of the door jam popped off a little and gave me a hell of a time closing the door. I put it back on and all is well. Richard

On Wed, 23 Mar 2005 18:57:33 -0500, marlinspike wrote:

I looked it over and could not see anything causing interference. I looked long and hard at the latch itself and found that the little bulge of rubber on the lower edge was badly torn up. It appeared that this rubber bulge is what gives the latch that little extra push needed to engage.
I picked up a new latch ($15) and installed as per manual. Drivers door now shuts like a brand new car!
RT

Hmmm, good to know, I wonder if that is the issue with the doors on my car too... Will check and report.
Thanks for sharing.
On Sat, 26 Mar 2005 10:48:51 +0000, Ron Tellus wrote:

Ugh. I picked up a new *striker* ($15) and installed as per manual. The latch was just fine......