Time for New Brakes/MB C230 1998

Hello NG: I've done brakes on previous owned cars and now it time on our MB. I don't have a repair manual. Questions: Is it an absolute yes to turn the rotors whenever new brakes are put on? Should the sensor
probes be replaced even if they seem to be working OK.? Any thing different or tricky about replacing the pads compared to any other cars.? I'd appreciate any tips you can pass along. Should I buy MB pads or will Auto Store types work well enough.? I suspect there is a big difference in price. Thanks
Larry
MB does not recommend turning the rotor. It is replacement only.
Occasionally I keep using the rotors, but only when I am aware of the past usage and am sure they are still in very good condition. However, you can notice the deep wear after the second set of pads.
Depending on model and location (front/rear). Some pads are secured by pins. If so, just knock off the pin and slide out the pad. Otherwise the job is pretty much like other makers. Some rotors may have a small screw (using 5 or 6 mm hex key) holding it to the hub.
No need for MB pads which are softer and dirtier in my opinion. Most online stores carry top brands. I recently started using PBR ceramic, excellent stopping though still dirty.
The sensors are cheap, though reusing isn't impossible. It is a convenience rather than necessity. Remember, the rotor is replaced anyway.
Larry wrote:

You never turn Mercedes rotors, this aint a chevy.
You replace them every second set of pads. They're not really expensive if you shop around. Use ATE or Balo.
Use proper pads, Pagid or Jurid. Again, not expensive if sourced properly.
Other than that it's very straighforward.