Tire Size..? Is Size Everything..?

I've got a 1983 300SD. When my tires wore out, I bought a set of new later model (1985) MB chrome rims which were 15 inch'ers. Also bought Michelin 205/65 - 15 tires.
Same tire diameter, so the speed is the same, and handling is much better. Now, 15 inch tires are more $$ than 14 inch'ers, but did I do the right thing, for the swich-over..??
You absolutely did the right thing.

If you think so you did. You traded ride for handling; for a price.

The standard argument is "now your car has a less smooth ride". It doesn't really does it? 15s make much more sense on this chassis - I switched to them years ago and 2 years ago switched to 16". Dear mother of god what a difference that makes to the handling. This ride now *is* noticably more stiff but it corners like a fookin slot car so I've abandoned ride for the silly grin factor.
I have some Ronal 5 spoke wheels and Michelin 235-55/15 MXV4s.
So those 16 inche'rs fit under der fenders also..? Any rubbing anywhere, or scraping..? How's about low-profile tires.., any special size come to mind..?? Thanks for the info so far..!!
Old Serge.., SoCal..
I had 16" on my 380SE... I used 225-50R16... you can also use 225-55R16... which is a better size.
But if you do so, the gap between the tire and the body will look big and and 'floating' look.... It wasn't a problem for me because I lowered the car with Eibach sport springs.
No rubbing as long you get the right offset and tire size. Heck, you can put in 17" if you want too... when I first saw my car, it had 235-45R17... Monster... in 1993 and I told the dealer to take it off... It wasn't a greatest looking thing... chrome on white car...