tires

Could anyone tell me what tires are the best for '92 400SE ? Thanks!

Touring or performance?
I'd take a look at Goodrich Traction T/A's. They are sport touring tires which I have on my 300SD. I've been very impressed with them in terms of wet traction, handling and ride. Previously I had Michellin MXVs, which were absolutely awful on wet pavement, easily slipping from a start under even modest acceleration. Had Pirelli P4000's next, which were excellent, much better wet performance, probably would have stayed with them, except no longer made in the size I need. The Goodrich T/A's are also very reasonably priced.
I went to Costco to buy the same tire for my SD I have relied on for decades: Michelin. The sales person told me the Bridgestone Turanza LS was a higher rated tire. After doing some reading, I went with the Bridgestone. Below are some links that might be helpful. http://www.carsound.com/review_archive/performance/Bridgestone_Turanza_LS-H.html http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires.jsp?tireMake=Bridgestone&tireModel=Turanza+LS-H