tires

well, I finally tried new tires both fron and back ... don't remember who recomended what, but as an experimentalist it was immediately clear that having the better set of tires on the rear was 'definitely' better than having
same on front .... so, in short, replace the rears with the best tires rather than the front
cheers, guenter
ps this trial was on a 190E, improvement of having better tires on rear was 'considerable'.
needless to say but if the tires are at replacement stage, don't just replace the rears or the fronts, replace them all. 75% of braking is done with the fronts so don't neglect them . . .
even on front wheel drive cars you still need good tires on the rear aswell, go around a corner too fast and you'll find out why ;)