Tires for 190 SL, 1960 is the year of the car- what kind? Size

Hi, can someone tell me what size tire is best for the 1960 190SL, is it the 165 SR 13? Is that the size that came with the car??

Thanks

Reply to
KOS

I'm no expert in 190SL, but I looked into a book and it says that _for Germany_ the original tyres were 6.40-13 Sport (aka 6.40 S-13) with 5 K x 13 rims.

I have also read that at the end 2002 German tyremaker Continental bgan to newly produce whitewall tyres for the 190SL (and some other MBs), Continental states them as 6.40 / 7.00 SR 13

Also somewhere 6.40/7.00 R 13 87S are mentioned.

And don't 185/80/13 fit??

Juergen

Reply to
Juergen .

I wonder what brought that on... Can't be much of a market. Even at hundreds of euro each. Prestige?

DAS

Dori A Schmetterling