tires on E320

I have 215/55/60 tires now. Could I just put 2 215/60/16 snow tires for the back wheels during winter season? Is it safe on highway driving at all?

<< I have 215/55/60 tires now. Could I just put 2 215/60/16 snow tires for the back wheels during winter season? Is it safe on highway driving at all?

You shouldn't mix tires like that. Use four. Nothing wrong in plus sizing.
Jay Bala.
If you want to do snow tires... do all 4 tires... otherwise your traction control system will go crazy... more traction in rear.. front seems not as good...
For antilock braking and traction control... they will find the rear tires don't turn as fast as the front...
Tiger wrote:

rear as long as they are all in same sizes..
Thanks
The AWD version required 4 matching tires... if you put wrong size tires on rear, you will ruin your transfer case because all 4 wheels must roll the same distance.
I have always told people... get 4 snow tires... it's simple logic. You either can move well and cannot steer (rear snow tire only) or you can't move but can steer the car (front snow tire only)
Therefore, get 4 snow tire... it is cheap insurance... think how much your car is worth... how an accident will set you back in timewise for repair... or if god forbids... some loved one really get hurt and beyond.
<snip>

I agree and recommend the Bridgestone Blizzak.
Marty
I prefer the Nokian Hakkapelita Q... However, Nokian have newer snow tire... I believe the 2... I would always go for the latest tech tire.
I had Blizzak... they are awesome in traction, but they wear out fast... you only have half a tread for snow tire... the rest is all season tire. Also, they feel very numb in steering response.
The Nokian is just as good in traction, have full tread for snow tire.. although you can't drive on snow with so little tread... great steering response...just like driving with a regular tire.
Tiger wrote:

The OEM tires are 215/55/16. For snow tires, could I use 205/60/16? Are narrow tires better in snow/ice... It is true.

Narrower is generally better... but with traction control and AWD, you don't need narrower tire... stick with stock size.