To all those having COMMAND problems

I have a 2004 S class.

I took delivery 10-16-2003.

My COMMAND system just freezes up from time to time.

No fix for it presently but I have `paid for the vehicle fully and it is now three months that I dont have full use of what I paid for.

It seems that MB hs the most fantastic system for isolating customers from possible problem solvers.

By the way although thr users manual devotes 17`pages to playing DVD I am unable to play any type of DVD and as with the COMMAND unit I am given the most bizzare explanations one can imagine.

What can I do?

Reply to
Eliyahu Ross

COMMAND must be based on the Windows OS.

Reply to
T.G. Lambach

List the explanations here. Sometimes it is good to know what it isnt.

Reply to
Miro

Hey now, WinXP is quite stable, much better than what Winblows used to be.

I hope Mercedes cars won't be downgraded in people's eyes because of such BS problems.

cp

Reply to
cp

Perhaps the DVD player is coded for European DVD? The dealer should be able to reprogram or replace it?

Bob

T.G. Lambach wrote:

Reply to
bobb2

The surprising thing is that electronics of this sort are much simpler systems than things like an engine, transmission, etc. You wonder how they can get the really hard stuff right but the simpler stuff buggy.

.
Reply to
greek_philosophizer

The smaller stuff isnt made to the same specification as the car. A professional DVD player is about 4Kg, 5 times the height and cost about $2,000. No problems with that unit.

Reply to
Miro

Go to the shop and have them upgarde the firmware.

Move out of USA, Comand DVD option is disabled by default on systems delivered to the US due to american regulations.

Reply to
Thomas