To the Group: Binary Posts & Nav Maps

I'm surprised I don't see many MB folks sharing tech data. Such as 'how to" pdf's, Nav. maps, schematics, or pics, etc.
It's somewhat understandable as this newsgroup is supposed to be a text
only group, and some newsservers DO filter binary posts to here. But I expected to see some text messages with pointers to binary posts in other groups.
I would suggest that 'help' and 'tech info' type files would be appropiate in:     alt.binaries.automobiles
Navigation Cd's and DVD's in:     alt.binaries.maps
A short one line post to this group would let people know what and where a binary is posted to.
I have the complete set of North American Nav. cd's for my ML and if there's any interest I'd be willing to post them. Problem is, they are the 2001 versions. Even so, I'm sure there's a lot of people out there that would like to have them, and I'd sure like to get a newer version for my home state.
Come on guys! Liven this group up and make it more interesting and useful. Share the wealth of info that's out there.
Comments? Suggestions?
cheers, fd-Yag